Performs moderately complex research and analysis for assigned financial area. Presents analysis and recommendations to management. Identifies and investigates issues related to assigned projects. Areas of responsibility may include: Finance, Accounting, I |
• Provide support for internal and external financial statements for Molinos de Puerto Rico and Molinos Premium Rice operations in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory requirements.
• Participate in period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
• Create and maintain monthly accounting schedules as support for the balance sheet account reconciliations and financial audits.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Respond to information requests from external/internal auditors
• Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger, which includes preparing and uploading journal entries, enterprise production reporting and use of the Comprehensive Accounting Excellence (CAE) tool.
• Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues.
• Prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
• Evaluate effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment and develop improvements as needed.
• Document processes (e.g. desk procedures), constructively challenge current processes and recommend process improvements.
• Effectively communicate information impacting the business from both a financial reporting and operational perspective
• Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a team environment both within and outside of assigned area of responsibility.
• Participate in special projects involving general accounting, such as mergers/acquisitions, FASB updates, business partner requests, and systems conversions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Will consider 4-6 years of relevant business experience in lieu of degree.
• CPA, CMA certification, and/or advanced degree preferred
• 2-4 years of business experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, or manufacturing, etc.
• Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
• Ability to analyze, research, and reconcile multiple accounts with minimal supervision
• SAP experience preferred
* Bilingual (English and Spanish)
* No relocation expenses will be provided.
ConAgra Foods - 19 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...