We’re a global Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader serving thousands of the world’s top brands, while remaining a fun and fast-paced company that encourages passion and creativity on a daily basis. As we’ve grown, with offices from Sao Paulo, Brazil to San Francisco, Munich, Germany to Sydney, Australia, we’ve retained our small-company atmosphere where employees are encouraged to share ideas and make them realities. By partnering state-of-the-art technology and dedicated leadership with the best and brightest employees in the industry, ExactTarget fosters a culture of constant innovation and growth. Consistently ranked by employees as one of the “Best Places to Work,” we encourage you to find out what being “ORANGE” is all about!
About the Position
Are you an independent go-getter looking for a more fast-paced, stimulating role? Are you tired of performing the same mundane tasks every day? Join ExactTarget’s innovative Corporate Sales Team and learn what it’s like to truly “Be Orange.”
Whether you’re prospecting, driving brand awareness campaigns, coaching or shadowing, every day brings new opportunities and experiences. You’ll be responsible for driving sales within a specific geographical territory and should be a self-starting closer who can quickly build a large pipeline and manage strategic and complex deals through the entire sales process. Senior Corporate Sales - Business Development Managers work to truly understand each prospective client’s interactive marketing needs and create custom solutions that integrate email, text messages, landing pages, and social media.
ExactTarget’s third-party recognized global leadership helps you drive new business, and our award-winning Interactive Marketing Hub™ technology helps organizations of all sizes and complexity connect with customers across interactive channels through a single interface. Supported by the industry’s largest global services team, you’ll sell with confidence knowing that our technology integrates with more sales and marketing information systems than any other in the industry, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Omniture and WebTrends among many more.
This position is based at ExactTarget headquarters in the historic Guaranty Building on downtown Indianapolis, Indiana’s bustling Monument Circle.
• Develop and execute strategic territory business plans
• Create and drive revenue, increase brand awareness, and generate leads within your specified territory
• Generate new business opportunities through professional prospecting and cold-calling.
• Meet (and exceed!) quarterly and annual sales quotas
• Take ownership of the sales cycle from lead generation to closure
• Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within Salesforce.com CRM
• Generate quality leads from tradeshows and regional networking events
• Ensure 100% client satisfaction and retention
• Proven track record as sales hunter, closer, and team player
• Minimum 5-7 years complex software sales experience
• Interactive one-to-one marketing, sales or professional services background (particularly SaaS)
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrated ability to deal with change, think strategically, and make complex decisions
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office software (e.g., Project, Access, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point)
• Superior professionalism and business acumen
• Experience selling at the "C" level preferred
• Knowledge of ExactTarget platform, products, and services preferred
• 4-year college degree
ExactTarget.com - 17 months ago