***This position is a temporary, hourly assignment-based professional role that is a part of the Raytheon IIS FlexPool Program.
Certain benefits apply for eligible employees.***
Systems Administrator (SA) will be responsible for support of a heterogeneous mix of computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications.
Will be responsible for maintaining LINUX servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software and monitoring applications and tuning the system to achieve optimum levels of performance.
Experience with hardware and software administration to client workstations, servers, RAID systems, and peripherals.
This SA will be responsible for troubleshooting complex problems and communicating problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to management and customers.
Tasks will be varied and will range from performing full range of break/fix support, supporting recurring operations functions, engineering upgrades and implementing new systems.
This position will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Active TS/SCI clearance current single scope background investigation (SSBI) required.
- Experienced in System Administration of Linux operating systems environments.
- Hands-on SA experience in LINUX, security and system hardening, and systems integration.
- Experience with hardware and software administration to client workstations, servers, storage systems and peripherals.
- Solid knowledge base on VMware
- Must be willing and able to work after hour maintenance LINUX support on evenings or weekends on an occasional basis, as well as some pager (on-call) support
- Occasional travel may be required
- Red Hat experience with accompanying Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is highly desired.
- System administration experience with LDAP; ability to understand and communicate complex relationships between components of the overall systems architecture. Ability to monitor, analyze, test and tune the operating system.
- Knowledge of networking and networking applications. Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Troubleshooting experience with Cisco and Brocade switches and firewalls would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Other industry certifications (Security +, CISSP, Windows, VM VCP,
Required Education (including Major)
Bachelors degree – Comp Sci, IT, Math, or related major
plus 6 years of related experience
equivalent combination of education and experience (BS/BA = 8 years of applicable experience).
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...