Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
RedHat Systems Engineer
Type of Position:
District of Columbia
• Bachelor's degree, in IT Systems Management or related field and 5+ years directly related experience. Additional directly related experience can substitute for degree.
• 5 years of administration of RedHat
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) required
• Ability to install, document, troubleshoot, and support RedHat based infrastructure solutions.
• Experience with designing and supporting high availability RedHat solutions.
• Understanding of Oracle middleware, database, and RAC products on RedHat operating system a plus
• Experience with RedHat disaster recovery.
• Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
• Experience with automating RedHat deployment packages using scripting and Satellite server.
• Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
• Experience with and ability to configure and deploy RedHat based complex solutions.
• Experience performing system administration duties on RedHat systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex RedHat problems.
• Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
• High level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
• Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
• Managed multiple priorities simultaneously
• U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux and Solaris problems.
• Must be able to pass a NACI background check. Top Secret or Secret clearance preferred.
URS is looking for a RedHat Systems Engineer to join our team in Washington, D.C.! The RedHat Engineer will be supporting a 24/7 RedHat server infrastructure.
The position is in Washington, DC and some time in Alexandria, VA. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
• Responsible for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment.
• Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of RedHat servers.
• Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers.
• Managing system infrastructure and all related processes, as well as account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based.
• Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition legacy applications to new RedHat platforms.
• Other duties as required.
• The position is in Washington, DC and some time in Alexandria, VA. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS Corporation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...