This position in collaboration with a physician develops an anesthesia care plan. Provides IV sedation and/or monitored anesthesia care and/or administers general, regional or local anesthesia for a variety of surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Monitors patients accurately and performs CPR, ventilation or life support measures during emergencies throughout the Medical Center. Observes the patients’ physiological condition while under anesthesia and initiates corrective actions as necessary or as directed by a physician. Assists with other departmental or professional duties as requested by the Manager of Anesthesiology.
- Knowledge of nursing and anesthesia as normally acquired through completion of an accredited RN program and an accredited program of nurse anesthesia culminating in certification and licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Maintain BLS and ACLS certification.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic and advanced skills required practicing anesthesia.
- These may include but are not limited to: adult and pediatric venipuncture, arterial line insertion, medication calculation and effects, sterile technique, airway maintenance, and administration and management of regional anesthetics.
- Provides for the age specific needs of the population served according to department standards and policies/procedures as evidenced by observation, documentation and peer feedback for the following: Birth to 65 years and older.
- Compliance with all of the MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland’s policies and practices as described in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
MidMichigan Health - 24 months ago
MidMichigan Health is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Midland, Michigan, dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive health...