Jenzabar, a leading provider of software for colleges and universities, is looking for a technical writer to work with a group of 10-12 developers on a web portal and learning management system. The winning candidate will be responsible for maintaining installation guides, release notes, admin guides, user guides, and online help. You must be a self-starter who can set your own schedule, manage your own work, and keep track of multiple projects in a loosely structured, dynamic environment.
As the lone writer in this group, you’ll have broad latitude to fine-tune, add to, or change the direction of the documentation effort as needed -- we want someone who's adept at assessing customer needs and working creatively to meet them. You must also be able to work collaboratively with our team of designers, developers, and QA engineers, many of whom work remotely.
• Create and maintain documentation for the JICS web portal and the e-Racer learning management system, each of which has at least one major release and several point releases annually
• Potentially assist with other projects as time permits
• Proactively obtain technical reviews as needed
• Manage all of your own proofreading and production
• Reach out to internal and external customers in an effort to continually assess the quality and effectiveness of our documentation
• Work as part of a close-knit team, providing input on testing and product design as needed
• Stay up to date on products by reviewing functional specs, installing our software, trying out new features, and investigating unexpected product behavior
Required skills and qualifications
• BA/BS in English, technical writing, or another technical field
• 5+ years of experience as a technical writer
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to self-manage
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Experience with Adobe FrameMaker 10, RoboHelp 9, SnagIt,
• Experience with Visual SourceSafe, Subversion and Tortoise SVN, TestTrack Pro
• Interest in higher education
• Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, and AD LDS
• Experience in an agile environment
Click Here for
FMLA General Notice.