Faculty Adjunct (General Education/Business)
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
You’re a leader and champion for the people who need you most – your students! You rise to the occasion every time you step in a classroom by planning, preparing, and delivering quality course instruction in lecture and/or laboratory format. You utilize a variety of instructional methods when teaching approved course objectives to ensure that students with all types of learning styles have ‘Aha’ moments. You’ll help evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, company, and regulatory agencies in compliance with policies, procedures, and legal requirements. You’ll make a difference in the lives of our students.
• Maintain professional competence in academic discipline through reading, research and professional affiliations, and submit evidence of participation to the office of the President
• Plan course instruction based on the approved syllabus/course outline provided to assure course content and learning objectives are met
• Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean
• Achieve assigned retention rate in accordance with the institution, accreditation, and company guidelines by maintaining accurate attendance records daily and communicating any attendance concerns to the Academic Program Director and/or Dean
• Schedule and post office hours to provide academic support to students, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed
• Start classes on time, conduct classes for the full time period, and enforce any applicable campus administrative policies
• Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students
• Attend a minimum of four (4) faculty in-service meetings per year
• Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed
• Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office
• Graduate-level instructors must participate in and show evidence of some form of scholarly activity (pure or applied research) as required by company policy and procedures and accreditation requirements
• Ensure that all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Must possess the necessary academic credentials and work-related experience mandated by the company, state accreditation agencies, and any other regulatory agency that monitors compliance
• 2 to 3 years supervisory and teaching experience
• Years of experience may be waived at the discretion of the College President as long as the candidate meets all accreditations and the state and federal requirements necessary to hold the position
Corinthian Colleges - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...