Covestic is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Database Architect/DBA to support our team. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Address database requirements during conceptual design. Creates data flow designs for single and enterprise data distribution.
- Identify issue or improvement, analyze, create requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Recommend appropriate database technology.
- Identify database performance and capacity requirements; pre and post production.
- Collaborate with systems architects, developers, and software engineers to build sustainable systems that meet service levels agreements.
- Write and maintain documentation describing requirements, detailed design, and construction.
- Research solutions for various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present options, recommendations, and justifications to aid management in purchase decisions.
- Understand, apply and document advanced database administration, management and performance tuning techniques.
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis.
- Participate in design and application review sessions, and providing database best-practices.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Evaluate database and software requirements and influence design decisions.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls related to project and troubleshooting activities.
For immediate consideration, please apply through the link provided or forward your resume directly to Tina Keane at email@example.com
- 7+ years’ experience in large, heterogeneous environment which includes Red Hat/Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 environment. Must possess some experience supporting eCommerce environments.
- Experience with managing databases across a multi data center environment with well-defined and tested disaster recovery procedures.
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills. This position requires strong presentation skills. Able to convey complex designs to a non-technical audience.
- Experience functioning as a team lead. Large project management experience a plus.
- Ability to conduct technology feasibility studies, i.e. RFP, RFQ.
- Strong knowledge of Visio, PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Experienced with Oracle through 11G Release 2. Knowledgeable about new features and best practices.
- Proficiency with partitioning, advanced queuing, distributed transactions, materialized views/snapshots, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with tuning and monitoring tools such as OEM, and other third-party tools.
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune packages, procedures and functions.
- Experience with SQL Net and understanding of networking as it applies to database operations.
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX operating systems and shell scripting.
- Experience with ASM, SAN/NAS storage technologies such as EMC, NetApp, and ZFS.
- Experience with server clustering techniques, data replication technologies and RAC.
- Experience with Oracle Database Appliance and Exadata engineered systems.
- Experience with Oracle EBS and Demantra applications.
- Knowledgeable of ITIL framework and experience working in ITIL based service organization.
Covestic is a leading provider of IT services for midsize and enterprise organizations; federal, state, and local government agencies, and educational institutions. We maintain close partnerships in our key focus areas such as cloud computing, IT service management, mobile payment solutions, and project delivery with companies such as Microsoft, Serena, SalesForce.com, and ServiceNow. In addition, our staff maintains a high level of partner certifications, and ITIL® certification training as well as specialized training to ensure successful implementation in areas such as project management, application integration, and business intelligence.
Covestic - 30+ days ago