Quality Manager (Modem)
In this position, you will be part of Intel's Wireless Platform Quality Team supporting the
wireless modem development and product life cycle management .
You will be responsible for quality management of platform hardware and software throughout the product life cycle including quality requirement management, quality release and gating criteria verification, qualification and delivery release controlling, KPI gap analysis and improvement, deviation management and risk assessment, process compliance and continuous improvement.
You will be required to work with diverse team around the world in the fast pace and complex business environment. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving and analytical skills, and uncompromising integrity.
Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Science or Software Engineering.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 or more years of experience in mobile hardware / software quality, development and/or project management.
- 2 years of experience leading team or projects.
- 2 or more years of experience in risk assessment.
- 2 or more years of experience working with new technology and new product introduction.
- Experience with Agile and scrum.
- Experience or basic knowledge of mobile technologies, wireless systems, phone application and use cases.
- Experience working with customers for quality requirement discussion, quality review and/or issue resolution.
- Prior experience in applying quality and problem solving tools such as FMEA, Fault Tree, Cause and Effect Diagram, Statistical analysis tools, QFD etc.
- Knowledge of mobile hardware and software development flow, as well as software configuration know-how.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, cellular modem system architecture, carrier certification requirement.
USA-California, San Diego
Oct 5, 2012
Oct 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel Mobile Communications, a stand-alone business within the Intel Architecture Group, is committed to connect the world with its innovative portfolio of seamless wireless solutions. We develop and market innovative semiconductor products and solutions for wireless communications leveraging our unique advantages in the areas of RF, Mixed Signal / power management, monolithic integration and comprehensive know-how in cellular software and systems. With more than 4000 talented employees worldwide we power today some of the world's best-selling smart phones, tablets and Ultra-Low-Cost/Entry phones.
Together we aim for the best user experience in a world where computing and telecommunications technologies are converging and are ideally positioned to fully exploit the enormous market opportunities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...