The Business Development & Product Manager develops, implements and maintains Hubbell Power Systems brands’ technical product lines and systems solutions. Collaboratively works with team members and customers to facilitate the marketing, sales and sales support of the organization, while ensuring continuity in product offering and providing technical solutions for customers.
- Manages all technical aspects of product offerings. Must be able to convert/relay highly technical information to multitude of both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manages aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions including new product development intelligence gathering, supplier sourcing, competitive costing, demand forecasting, development of all collateral materials for product launch, pricing, and training materials.
- Develops new products through a stage gate process, ensuring projects stay on target and under budget.
- Facilitates and manages communications both internally and externally for all new products or product changes.
- Analyzes sales reports and implement programs to achieve area objectives.
- Regularly performs pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality, increase margin, or reduce costs.
- Provides detailed product training to HPS customers, distributors and sales representatives.
- Develops field correspondence and promotional materials to aid in expanding market share.
- Travels with the HPS sales force to make joint customer calls.
- Attensd trade shows, sales training schools, industry meetings, etc. to support the knowledge of assigned development projects.
- Reports technical and competitive developments and customer requirements to the Marketing Manager.
- Develops a network for communicating with the sales force (domestic and international) and other key departments within the company.
- Keeps informed of applicable state and federal safety regulations for assigned products.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or other technical field is preferred.
- Three(+) years of experience in product management and/or technical marketing is required.
- Exposure to the electrical distribution / utility sales channel is preferred.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- An estimated up to 25% travel is required, which may include occasional international travel.
EEO AA: M/F/V/D
Hubbell Incorporated - 30+ days ago
Hubbell Incorporated is primarily engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of electrical and electronic products for a range of non-resid...