Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud.
Our Forensics professionals review accounting and business records and provide detailed analysis to help uncover essential facts and insights. We can bring to bear the range of our forensic investigation skill set to help our clients understand and analyze events or issues and prepare to deal with them. We have developed methodologies and strategies that help clients handle difficult circumstances.
Our Discovery professionals assist clients and their legal counsel collect, preserve and analyze large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of commercial investigations and complex litigation. We combine our forensic accounting and investigative skills with advanced computer labs and cutting-edge technology to offer innovative solutions to our clients' complex legal problems.
Deloitte Discovery helps counsel and companies control the costs and mitigate the risks associated with the discovery process.
Within our U.S. operations, Deloitte Discovery is comprised of the following services:
Discovery Advisory Services
Document Review Services
Position Description :
Functions in a lead capacity assuming responsibilities as a technical specialist. Conducts complex analysis on evidence submitted at an advanced level according to established procedures and protocols. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and conducting forensic analysis on a variety of electronic media in support of agency matters including large-scale investigations. Responsibilities may include managing digital forensics examinations through the entire lifecycle (case planning, intake, acquisition, examination, presentation and disposition); performing complex, large-scale digital forensic examinations to include collection in a live client-server environment utilizing validated remote forensic software; and provide technical guidance and assistance to legal staff while ensuring that proper precautions are taken in the preservation and prevention of spoliation of electronic evidence. Must comply with standards, policies, and procedures established for the forensics laboratory including ASCLD/LAB accreditation requirements, supplements, criteria, and interpretations as it applies to digital evidence.
Required Skills :
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance, US citizenship required.
· Must have extensive experience in forensic examinations at the enterprise level within the preceding 3 years.
· Experience in and ability to demonstrate the interpretation, processing and translation of file and operating system artifacts across a variety of platforms is required. Demonstrated expert-level experience in the use of automated forensic tools (e.g. EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Paraben Suite), Xways, BlackBag Forensic Suite, Knoppix based tools, etc.) Along with ability to articulate, in detail, the processes being conducted by these automated forensic tools are also required.
· Five (5) years of experience in performing digital forensic collections, acquisitions and imaging as well as comprehension of preservation and spoliation issues relating to electronic evidence.
· Either the EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) or IACI, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), or comparable certification is required.
· Undergraduate degree in Digital Forensic Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, or a related field is required.
· Five - Seven years field experience may substitute for the degree requirement in some cases.
· Forensic collection experience.
· Forensic tool (such as EnCase) certification.
· External training on forensics.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.