· Ensure compliance with the appropriate pharmacy laws and standards of practice.
· Supervise day-to-day technician work flow as necessary.
· Supervise work of IV Technician.
· Conduct medication assessments.
· Complete paperwork for various drug monitoring.
· Coordinate necessary deliveries to ensure timely arrival of medication/supplies.
· Knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures in place at facilities.
· Order processing.
· Answer facility drug related questions/concerns and assist in solving other problems by directing to appropriate staff.
· Communicate with facility consultant pharmacist.
· Awareness of current controlled substance laws and regulations.
· Assistance in drug procurement as appropriate.
· Assistance in training staff as appropriate.
· Maintain continuing education as appropriate to geriatric population.
· Attendance at company sponsored in-services as required.
· On-call duties as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
· B.S. Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
· Current license in State(s) practicing.
· Strong clinical and IV skills as a Pharmacist are required.
· Experience working in a Long-Term Care Pharmacy, Mail Order, Hospital and/or a Business background are strongly desired.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good organizational skills and flexibility.