Location: Washington DC , Dulles VA
Status: Full Time Regular Employee
Security Clearance: Not required but is preferred. Candidates must be eligible to obtain TS Clearance
This position is a hands-on, technical management role. The Compusearch DBA Manager is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all things relating to database administration, specifically utilizing Oracle technologies.
The Compusearch DBA Manager provides technical leadership of Compusearch’s database administration department. The department provides support for:
· Client facing DBA support – Onsite DBA maintenance, support plans, and installation and upgrade support for Oracle based COTS applications.
· Client facing DBA support – Offsite DBA maintenance support for Oracle based COTS applications, including Tier III support.
· Provides internal DBA support for Compusearch functional organizations, including Development, IT, and QA.
· DBA support for all Compusearch hosted environments.
The Compusearch DBA Manager will:
- Evolve Compusearch DBA practices with a focus on maturing the processes, procedures, and documentation
- Drive the implementation and recommendations for ongoing DBA improvements that create significant efficiencies and maintain high customer service standards
- Function as the senior client-facing individual representing DBA support to both internal and external clients. Serve as an escalation point to resolve customer and employee technical issues. Support customer demonstrations as required.
- Provide information on new Oracle products and services while benchmarking with the industry best practice organizations
- Provide project management expertise, oversight, and guidance for all DBA projects
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, evaluating, training, retaining, and supervising the DBA staff
- Lead the database administration practice and technical support for Compusearch hosted applications
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Document all DBA processes and procedures as needed
- Work with Compusearch Information Security to ensure that all Compusearch developed applications meet Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements.
- Contribute to proposal writing assignments as needed.
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates will need to have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, be able to move/traverse throughout work facility, be able to remain in a stationary position for significant amount of the work day, and communicate frequently with co-workers
- A minimum of 10 years Oracle Database Administrator experience
- 7+ years Technical Support Experience
- 5+ years in a management or team lead capacity
- Demonstrated effective communication style consistent with the role of a business enabler Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in overseeing customer service and/or help desk in a technical environment required
- Experience with troubleshooting Oracle database issues, including installation and upgrades, performance degradation, and PL/SQL code issues
- Experience configuring and maintaining highly scalable environments
- Previous ITIL experience preferred
- Windows Server, UNIX, and Linux Administration experience
- Proven experience with PL/SQL including writing and optimizing code in PL/SQL
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Oracle 9i,10g, and 11g
- Installing Oracle on Windows/Linux/UNIX
- Working knowledge of IIS and LAN/WAN networking
- Working knowledge of NIST Federal Security Requirements and STIG environments
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC is required
- Knowledge in Oracle Backup/Recovery Methodologies and Strategies is required
Bachelor’s Degree required
For some positions, applicants may need to be the subject of a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
COMPUSEARCH - 19 months ago