To apply for this position, print out and submit the application packet found on this page: http://www.teachusvi.net/supportapp.htm
Reporting to and working closely with the Deputy Commissioner, the Director of Teacher/Leader Effectiveness will lead and oversee the development and implementation of the teacher/administrator effectiveness process. This would include a shared understanding of effective teaching, evidence-based feedback as part of the evaluation process and an evaluation system that promotes ongoing professional learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
• Lead the development and/ or revision of teacher/ administrator evaluation systems;
• Research and compile information on effective programs;
• Provide evaluation and research studies for task force;
• Work directly with districts, consultants and task force to plan and implement task force
• Provide leadership in professional development for use of new evaluation tools and
processes as well as lead pilot and implementation processes for the new system;
• Plan and develop budgets and seek additional funding sources;
• Deliver presentations to staff, districts, and other groups;
• Meet schedules and timelines;
• Write reports, complete procurement processes and complete other duties as it relates to
the management of a Federal grant;
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; with others.
• Work independently with little direction;
• Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree or higher in educational administration and three (3) years of successful
experience in supervising teachers and/or administrators or equivalent experience.