Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PH.D.) or Psychology Doctor (Psy.D.) Degree
- Completion of an APA approved internship/residency in clinical psychology
- Current/Maintained license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states
- Minimum one (1) year’s post-doctoral experience within the past five (5) years, preferably in a Government setting
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification
- Government Contract – Background Investigation Required
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the delineation, design and application of psychological procedures and techniques for patient care, procedural documentation, consultation and organizational development, research and educational training consistent with DOD and American Psychological Association guidelines.
2. Basic competencies are expected in diagnostic interviewing, behavioral assessment, psychological treatment of DSM-IV diagnoses conditions, and the use of psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing for evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological disorders.
3. Maintain professional license and credentials to practice independently as a Clinical Psychologist. Maintain proficiency through attending continuing education and regular consultations with DoD and other agencies as determined.
Additional Activities (include but not limited to:
- Crisis response and follow-up care in the event of unit casualties or other serious incidents.
- Provision of individual, couples, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Use of behavior health measures, symptoms checklists, and psychological/neuropsychological assessment instruments to assist in diagnostic clarification and treatment planning.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and patient records of all patients seen, as appropriate.
- Produce reports of evaluations and/or treatment as required.
- Assist and participate in special event informational seminars
- Assist and participate in psychological evaluations required by military schools and/or programs.
- Clinical supervision of para-professional staff, students pursuing and advanced degree in psychology, and unlicensed psychologist.