All employees of Conmed Healthcare Management are expected to support the Company’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership.
A Conmed employee provides leadership by modeling Conmed’s philosophy and values and integrating Conmed’s mission, vision and values into daily activities of the medical unit.
The Regional Vice President manages operations under medical services contracts at Jails within geographic region by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies. He/she ensures adherence to budget with respect to staffing and expenses to conform to business plan for growth and profit while provides direction and structure for operating units by monitoring compliance with policies and procedures as well as administrative practices.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for implementing improved processes and management methods to ensure optimal patient care consistent with terms of contracts and ensures compliance with contract deliverables at each site He/she provides mentoring and guidance to site administrators within the region and serves as communication liaison between corporate headquarters and sites and as a corporate representative to jail administration with respect to issues and enhancement of contractual services.
The Regional Vice President must have a willingness to travel in order to provide face to face supervision at sites within his/her Region and to attend training as required. The Regional Vice President will be expected to follow direction set by the Vice President of Operations.
Essential Duties include:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : Works in a clean, well-lit environment. Requires walking and standing approximately 50% of the time; requires sitting approximately 50% of the time; occasional ascending/descending stairs. The ability to reach or bend frequently is required. Visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate medical examination equipment and office equipment such as computers is also a requirement. There is potential for exposure to blood and/or body substances and hazardous materials requiring observance of Standard Precautions and safe handling. Ability to drive or otherwise inspect/visit sites required.
- Analyzes operational activities and implement policies to improve systems and services, correct or prevent problems, and ensure compliance with changing needs and standards as required.
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making sound decisions as well as using independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Monitors expenditures against budget allocation and ensure that excesses are identified and corrected or explained on the basis of patient care.
- Evaluates and implement methods of improving operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Seeks out potential new enhancements to contracts, foster renewal opportunities, coordinate division activities, and provide input to proposal writing.
- Maintains a good working relationship with clients, staff, contracted providers, and all applicable outside providers/agencies.
- Reviews the status of inmates with serious health problems and ensure necessary intervention and treatment is completed as well as monitoring potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Manages staffing needs, disciplinary issues, and evaluations in conjunction with site administrators.
Conmed Healthcare Management, Inc. - 17 months ago
Conmed Healthcare Management, Inc. (Conmed), formerly Pace Health Management Systems, Inc., provides healthcare services to county detention...