The Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing various tests including all applicable quality control standards and samples and reporting results to the Quality Manager. Lab Technicians are also accountable for ensuring all necessary tests are completed accurately and in a timely manner as well as training operators in proper field sampling and testing techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related science required.
- Basic troubleshooting skills and prior analytical experience required.
- Previous experience to the concepts of quality assurance and quality control within the laboratory environment required.
- Prior experience with environmental testing and knowledge of cGMP, PI, QC and PQ reporting preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability and willingness to learn new software applications is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
POET - 12 months ago