For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit
Maintenance Supervisor – Portland, MI
ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc., wholly-owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company and national manufacturer of livestock feed, has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Portland, MI production facility.
This position is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and overall physical condition of the facility, work with the management team to maximize production time, manage expenditures and provide project oversight. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee maintenance employees and ensure they are completing assignments as required and that they have the necessary tools and supplies to complete all required tasks.
- Lead the troubleshooting and repair of equipment and make a determination to fix or contract out.
- Fabricate machinery as needed to fit the locations needs.
- Track equipment histories, manage monthly maintenance programs, and purchase parts and equipment.
- Seek bids on contractor work and equipment, schedule contractors, and act as a liaison between Company and contractors.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma (or GED), 3+ years of hands-on experience in maintenance (related industry experience preferred), and 1-3 years of prior supervisory experience.
The successful candidate will have superior communication and interpersonal skills, working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, be extremely organized and efficient, and the ability to multi-task and handle various types of situations.
This position does not include relocation benefits.
The company does offer a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...