The role of the Cost Estimating Engineer is to prepare and review estimates from design basis and drawings for different companies. Knowledge of conceptual estimating is desirable. Verify contractor estimates and validate estimates for accuracy and consistency. Knowledge of offshore estimating and brownfield estimating work is necessary.
Cost Engineer is responsible for developing estimates for various stages of projects phase.
• Duties Include
o Establish estimate basis (develop project EBM)
o Develop Estimate Confidence package (ECP)
o Use estimating tools and able to understand P&ID’s to develop estimates
o Develop labor rates and unit cost for estimates (Onshore & Offshore)
o Develop indirect costs
o Develop estimate, reconciliation from previous classified estimate, and expenditure profile
o Obtain Capital/Expenses ruling
o Coordinate with designers and construction personnel
o Document estimate
o Conduct estimate review(s)
If a contractor’s estimate is used as a basis of the estimate, the Cost Engineer is responsible for reviewing the bases;
- Estimating methodologies and the levels of details for various estimate elements that match the degree of technical definition
- Consistency check for completeness, as well as interface checks within the estimate
- Consistency with the current technical and execution basis, including costs and schedule outlook for completing the project.
- Check the use of allowances (estimating, bid/quote conditioning, subcontractor conditioning, other)
- Evaluating estimates for Brownfield work and understanding impacts on estimate
- Develop those project costs outside the contractor’s scope of responsibility (i.e., payment , inspection, allowances, VAT, BAR, contingency, additional indirect, etc.)
- Developing conceptual estimates for onshore and offshore facilities. Knowledge of offshore facilities, Top Sides, Sub Sea structures, Pipelines, etc.
- Must have 5-10 years total Oil & Gas experience
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in Onshore & Offshore estimating methods
- Knowledge in use of commercial estimating software ASPEN, KBASE
- Strong analytical skills
- B.S or M.S
- Business, Science or Engineering
G.A.S. Unlimited - 2 years ago
G.A.S. is one of the largest suppliers of contract technical professionals in the south and southwestern United States. We opened for...