The person chosen for the General Manager position will act as Veolia's project manager performing complex professional and administrative work directing the proper operations of a Veolia Transportation location. In this role you will act a liaison with our clients providing guidance, direction, and feedback to departmental managers, provide strategic planning and direction, manage contract and regulatory compliance and develop and administer the contract operating budget. The General Manager is responsible for client relations at the local contract level. In addition, you will assist the Veolia Transportation corporate office with contract procurements, operational analysis, required reports, and price proposals.
This position works under general administrative direction with extensive autonomy to decide when and how work is done. The Operations Manager, project managers for commuter, suburban and rural routes, Maintenance Manager, HR Specialist, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Payable/Payroll and the Manager of Safety & Training report to this position. In addition, you will provide general direction for the employees and vehicles at the facility.
The General Manager investigates, makes and administers decisions up to and including terminations. The person chosen will have overall screening, hiring, scheduling, performance evaluation and staffing responsibilities for all employees of their operating contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge in Business Administration, Logistics, or Transportation strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years operations or transportation/safety experience
- Five (5) years management/supervisory experience
- Labor relations experience preferred
- Cost control or financial/budget experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), math, and presentation skills with ability to influence people at all levels of the organization, both vertical and horizontal
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while exceeding established goals and objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Limited travel predominantly (?) within assigned service area
- Demonstrated ability to manage with a "Safety First" attitude
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background test.
Transdev is a leading public transport company, delivering high quality transport services around the world.
Our teams use our wealth of...