For more than 110 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker's®, Folgers®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Jif®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, Eagle Brand®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Café PilonTM, White Lily® and Martha White® in the United States, along with Robin Hood®, Five Roses®, Carnation® and Bick's® in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.smuckers.com
Representative, Customer Service
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland/Akron area)
Team Manager, Customer Service
• Work with a third party brokerage firm to research and resolve invoice deductions on customer payments that support key accounting and finance decisions.
• Monitor the performance of brokers on pre-determined deduction goals and timely follow up with customers on unauthorized deductions.
• Help research and resolve customer shipment discrepancy claims using warehouse shipping and receiving documents to improve invoice accuracy and aid in deduction resolution.
• Analyze customer invoice accuracy metrics to identify the root cause of pricing discrepancies and drive corrective actions when issues are identified.
• Work internally with Sales Managers to report on customer deduction issues impacting the funding of promotional sales events.
• Build strong partnerships with brokers, while identifying process improvement opportunities that benefit both the customer and Smucker.
• Serve as the single point of contact for all inquiries related to invoice deductions.
• Manage a combination of daily responsibilities and special projects to support current business activities and needs.
• Analyze customer debits and credits to post and apply funds for the reconciliation of payments.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. A Business degree is preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of related business experience is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills to develop and support action plans for achieving organizational goals.
• Strong problem solving skills needed in managing complex business situations.
• Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in time sensitive situations based on customer needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to achieve effective communication (both written and verbal) with internal and external customers.
• Ability to display indirect leadership across other functional areas to accomplish customer goals.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The J.M. Smucker Company is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The J. M. Smucker Company
- 2 years ago - save job