H igh School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Six months to one year related experience and / or training preferred. Clerical skills, computer skills, and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Works under general supervision and is accountable for the timely, courteous, and accurate collection of patient information to register clinic patients. Must be willing to have flexible hours and fill in for other CLINIC registration areas as needed and assigned. Public relations, computer, clerical, typing, telephone, keyboarding, and oral communication skills necessary. Will perform all duties as described below to perform pre-registration, insurance verification, insurance pre-certification, appointment scheduling and reminder calls.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Has knowledge and understanding of the registration process with PRACTICE PARTNER patient mangement system.
2. Has knowledge and understanding of scheduling patients through PRACTICE PARTNER.
3. Initiates pre-registration / demographic courtesy calls to patients prior to scheduled new patient visit. (Will identify and work with patients on any outstanding account balances to be paid prior to scheduled procedure, and ask for any additional amounts prior to procedure as deemed necessary and as defined by department procedure).
4. Will call insurance companies to obtain insurance verification and pre certification when appropriate.
5. Collects accurate patient demographic information necessary to admit patients to the hospital and send their claim to a third party insurance carrier by Medical Office Management department of the hospital. Will set and maintain a registration accuracy goal through the perfromance management process.
6. Must be able to work in all points of service registration throughout the clinics as needed.
7. Obtains patient signatures on all appropriate forms that are deemed necessary at the time of registration.
8. Properly identifies patient and patient orders at the time of registration
9. Promotes positive customer service at all times.
10. Attends / participates in departmental meetings / inservices, Mary Lanning MLMH QI programs, etc.
11. Schedule patient clinical procedures with many different individuals including: customers, patients, physicians, employees, etc. according to department guidelines.
12. Accurately enters patient procedure orders through computer system to appropriate departments.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.