* This position is funded through a CMS Innovation Grant.
PURPOSE: Provide support and assistance to the Care Team staff and clients so as to ensure timely and targeted comprehensive care interventions and coordination. Facilitate appropriate and timely preventative, specialty, and transitional health services to Care Team clients. Ensure client health data is accurately tracked in the client health record.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provide support to Care Team Supervisor and staff to interpret, prioritize and present Health Analyst generated client health data to the Care Team, with assistance from Team Nurse and Psychiatric Medical Provider.
• Communicate key client health information and needs to interdisciplinary Care Team members for comprehensive care coordination and treatment planning.
• Assist with gathering and tracking health information and enter health data in the electronic medical record and other relevant health data systems.
• Assist the Care Team with timely communication with primary and specialty medical care providers, acute care hospitals, and emergency departments.
• Assist and support the Care Team to obtain and track needed medications, medical authorizations and information and medical services for clients.
• Participate with other care Team members in the development of client treatment plans and the coordination and facilitation of client care.
• Assist medical providers and nurses with vitals, injections, UAs, medication refills, medication disposal, lab orders and results, and other medical procedures as necessary.
• Provide clients information and education to improve their understanding of health and self-management capabilities.
• Establish effective linkages with on-site PCP as well as with community medical clinics/providers and hospital staff regarding client care, follow up, transitional care and coordination needs of Care Team clients.
• Stay abreast of health related practices and make recommendations regarding process and content improvements.
Kitsap Mental Health Services - 16 months ago
KMHS, a Community Mental Health Center on WA’s beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, offers easy access to both the pristine wilderness of the...