The Customer Billing Representative contact businesses with delinquent accounts by telephone and/or in writing and requests payment to collect overdue funds to bring their account current. The Representative confers with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment and reviews terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer. The Representative also offers and establishes plans for payment of delinquent invoices. Additionally, the Representative follows up with customers on established payment plans, documents all collection activities and may escalate delinquent accounts to other departments or management for further review.
- Receiving and placing telephone calls to contact businesses with past due balances from accounts within assigned collection portfolio in an effort to solicit payment on delinquent invoices. Discuss reasons for nonpayment, offer payment arrangements and follow-up on established payment plans. Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment. Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations. If customers have stopped payment because they are dissatisfied with the services rendered, credit collectors usually refer them to the Sales Rep. or the customer service department. If the debtors' complaints are not valid, collectors then try to convince the customer verbally that their bill is fair and should be paid. Held accountable to meeting daily and monthly performance metric requirements which include varying cash collected guidelines for all calls. Performs data entry and uses software programs. Also may require research skills to trouble shoot customer problems.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Sales department with the expectation of maintaining solid internal and external customer relationships by handling all questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. Provide answers to questions related to specific past due accounts, impact to credit limits or ability to book further shipments.
- Prepares documentation for account inactivation requests, account Retention reviews and final demands. Records all payment commitments and checks later to verify that the payment was made. If a customer fails to pay, the collector prepares a statement indicating the consumer’s delinquency for the credit department of the establishment. In more extreme cases, may initiate write-off proceedings. Contact with specific types of accounts will be coordinated through the assigned Account Representative.
- Processes credit card payments and check by phone payment options.
- Corrects misapplied payments, as directed by customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College level courses in Accounting preferred.
- 1 year of collections experience.
- Time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills - Prefer Microsoft Office experience
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to use computer and phone continuously for 6 to 8 hours per day.
Freightquote.com - 20 months ago
As an industry leader and a pioneer in online freight, Freightquote offers the ideal combination of dedicated service and U.S. Patented,...