Fremont Area Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Medication History Technician in Pharmacy. The Medication Tech will interview patients and their families for the purpose of compiling an accurate and complete list of medications the patient was taking before admission to the hospital as well as verify patient's allergy information. This position will also contact the patient's community pharmacy, physician's office, or other healthcare facility for clarifications if needed; work closely with the supervising pharmacist and other departments to obtain accurate and complete medication histories; report suspected medication errors or adverse drug reactions to the supervising pharmacist, and perform follow-up calls to patients post discharge to evaluate their need for further education or clarification regarding their medications.
Successful candidate must have the following:
FAMC has an excellent benefit and compensation package!
- One to two years in a position where medications are used or dispensed; two years Pharmacy Tech experience including transcription duties preferred as well as retail experience. One year experience performing medications history interviews may be substituted for Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Pharmacy Technician Registration and PTCB Certification preferred.
- Accurate work with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of common outpatient medication doses and forms preferred.
- Cerner computer skills must be at an acceptable standard by 4 weeks after starting position.
- Set priorities and solve problems.
Fremont Area Medical Center - 2 years ago