The UAS Small & Medium Unmanned Aerial System (SMEUAS) business is looking for an experienced Business Development Director to lead and support Business Development and Marketing activities for the growing business. Reporting to the VP-Programs , SMEUAS and coordinating with the VP-Business Development, UAS, this individual’s specific duties include supporting strategic planning, interfacing with both military, international, and civilian customers to determine their requirements and preferences in order to promote SMEUAS products and capabilities, identifying and qualifying new opportunities, developing and leading capture planning activities, identifying and planning IR&D activities, forecasting and achieving bookings goals, leading trade show activities, and developing advertising and promotional materials. Experience developing and maintaining long term strategic plans & roadmaps is desired. This individual would also be responsible for working with Program Management and Finance to develop proposals for SMEUAS products. Customer visits and supporting testing trails are an essential part of the job.
- 8-12 years of defense industry experience, preferably in the unmanned aircraft industry.
- Retired military preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required with an engineering or technical degree preferred. Masters degree is a plus.
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Experience working with government and military customers and high-ranking officials. International business development / marketing experience is a plus as is an existing network of business contacts.
- Familiarity with Complex system-of-systems preferred.
- Ability to formulate tailored solutions to customer problem sets based on current and pending system / product offerings across the UAS and Textron family.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by facilitating a common understanding the customer requirements and expectations
- Capture management experience and proposal development experience required.
- Experience in engineering, program management and business is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise pursuing, planning, and leading capture of development and production projects. Also, must possess a working knowledge of DoD budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated success in new market penetration is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with customers, discuss their requirements, and lead proposal activities.
- Must display leadership, energy, creativity, versatility, out-of-the-box thinking, and resourcefulness.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance, existing Top Secret clearance is desired.
Monster - 17 months ago
AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems for the US...