Operations Processor II
Job ID #: 79605
Functional Area: Operations
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: Not indicated
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of routine transactions that support the establishment, maintenance and closure of brokerage accounts. Must be able to acquire and retain knowledge of industry rules and best practices regarding basic brokerage account operations.
- Review, process and follow up on various brokerage and non-brokerage account requests including account establishment, maintenance and closure
- Must act as subject matter expert for several different responsibilities within brokerage Operations. Act as back-up to co-workers by cross-training on all department functions and demonstrate flexibility to respond to influx of workflow.
- Interact with clearing firm on routine brokerage account processing requests; provide timely updates and statuses in contact management and workflow systems
- Pay close attention to detail, process work accurately and work on repetitive tasks
- Answer internal and external phone calls; make outbound phone calls to our advisors.
- Update contact management systems with professional grammar and spelling.
- Exercise judgment to know when to escalate issues to manager or supervisor
- Assist in training co-workers to act as back-up for primary responsibilities• Respond to incoming requests from internal and external customers including research and problem solving, entering data into contact management system and providing timely follow-up communication.
- Make appropriate decision on when to lend assistance to co-workers to ensure that department service levels are maintained.
- Assist with special projects and research
- Series 7 is preferred, but not required
- Must be proficient in the following: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet.
- Must become proficient with the following systems: NetX360, AS400 and Front-End Imaging, SalesForce (contact management and imaging workflow systems), VISION2020.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG), a world leader in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world. AIG's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo.
AIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.