The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is with the Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation; Community Recreation Division; Located at Sand Hill Recreation Center.
Flexible positions will normally be scheduled 0-40 hours per week dependent upon the needs of the organization. There is no set guaranteed number of hours for flexible positions.
Schedule will include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Works as an assistant for the Facilities Operations Team Leader who makes specific assignments, explains polices and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects. Job may require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities. Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits. Pre-checks and prepares equipment for customers, explains use, and monitors proper usage. Conducts surveillance of total facility and reports any unusual findings to supervisor. Arranges furniture and equipment for various types and sizes of events; puts up and takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help. Policies interior and exterior areas of building and grounds and performs general housekeeping to make facilities/playing fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use.
Prepares requirement lists for appropriated and nonappropriated supplies and equipment due to demand or need for replacement items. Monitors inventories and number and condition of items on hand. Coordinates with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities. Inspects equipment when turned in and collects pre-
set fees for damages. Tests mechanical equipment for serviceability after each use. Removes damaged or unusable equipment from inventory.
Demonstrated ability to performs the duties described above.
Must have and retain a valid drivers license.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This position is a Flexible position and there are no benefit entitlements.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...