Location: Site Services - Northeast Department/Function: US VWR CATALYST
Location City: New Castle Last updated: 2/14/13 4:23 PM
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2011, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
The Technician is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which can include: receiving (packages), point of use replenishment (inventory), production packaging, chemical repacking, cylinder delivery and pickup, managing dry ice and liquid nitrogen dispensing, waste disposal and glass washing. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Facilitates an order for consumable lab inventory replenishment; enter orders into computer systems, Web, etc.
- Receives inbound shipments from UPS, Fed-ex, and other common carriers.
- Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
- Resolves all shipping errors.
- Manages customer’s warehouse inventory including delivery product replenishment (may require driving between facilities to deliver product).
- Performs glass wash duties.
- Dispenses production material into predetermined containers to prepare for shipping to customer.
- Handles and manages chemicals.
- Maintains and checks eye wash stations.
- Basic shipping duties.
- May require traveling to customer sites.
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of VWR’s products and services
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 -4 years’ experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and transportation
- Forklift Certification a plus
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International - 18 months ago
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. With more...