As a Technology applications consultant you will: develop an understanding of Humana’s business needs and translate those needs into technological systems, design specifications and solutions. You will partner with other associates to analyze, design, develop, implement and integrate moderate and complex business systems that will optimize business outcomes.
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure and dynamic portal for the information delivery of Oracle based applications
- Partner with other business areas within Humana to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development staff
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data warehouse feeds and printing.
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- The ability to work as part of highly collaborative team.
- Verifiable experience utilizing PL/SQL to construct to Datamarts and query data in an Oracle-based Enterprise Data Warehousing environment.
- Experience transforming data with Informatica PowerCenter or comparable tool.
- Experience structuring data in a way that supports consuming the data with industry standard Analytic tools and applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of both the Agile and Waterfall SDLCs.
- The ability to verbally communicate complex technical concepts in clear terms.
- Working knowledge of the Infra Application Suite, Crystal Reports, .NET and mainframe development
- Knowledge of JSR 168 Java Portlet specification processes
- Working knowledge of multi-dimensional data structures (OLAP).
- Knowledge of performance improvement strategies including partitioning and parallel execution.
- Experience accessing data in a Netezza or similar environment.
- You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Work Environment Type
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...