The Senior Infrastructure Architect is a member of the corporate IT Server Administration team and is primarily responsible for the planning, documentation, implementation and support of various Microsoft infrastructure solutions. Specific support responsibilities vary in nature and scope and include, but are not limited to AD infrastructure server roles such as SCOM, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, App Services, Directory Services, AD Sites and Subnets, Schema updates, Kerberos, LDAP, Time Synchronization, FTP, DFS, Clustering and Certificate Services. The Senior Infrastructure Architect will be part of a team of Senior System Engineers who will contribute to designing, implementing, and supporting the MS AD environment for the enterprise. The Senior Infrastructure Architect is accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health related to Active Directory and related MS infrastructure roles and systems in the Technology Support Services organization ; is a top level technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in a variety of infrastructure technologies including architecting solutions for the enterprise, server administration, virtualization, related hardware/software support, etc.
- Acting as the leading Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regards to Microsoft Active Directory with Server 2008 and 2012 platforms. Serving as a SME in regards to SCOM 2012.
- Architecting and delivering MS infrastructure solutions built on highly-scalable/available platforms and technologies, including Windows Server 2008 and 2012. This includes serving as the senior technical point of contact for Forest consolidation projects in the Enterprise
- S tabilizing developed infrastructure solutions in a complex customer environment
- Understanding the infrastructure and operations implications of application developed solutions dependent on MS infrastructure. i.e. – increasing transition to applications using SSO using AD and ADFS
- Maintaining quality documentation and providing a high level of contribution to planning and executing on 3 year vision.
- Supporting various team project work and on-call rotation
- Successful background in supporting Active Directory, SCOM and Microsoft Server Operating Systems from both a hands on role and Engineer / Architect role in a VMware/Hyper-V virtualized environment.
- Strong expertise in Active Directory 2008 architecture and landscaping. Prior experience in Forest upgrades and consolidation.
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Record of working with MS solutions in complex infrastructure landscape (remote offices across the states, various DMZ security configurations, Load Balance Appliances, Virtual Environments, Time Appliances, etc.).
- Strong project management, organization, analytical, critical, and strategic thinking skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present and convey technical and design strategies to leadership teams.
- Experience with the evaluation, design, and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor, and report on Infrastructure configurations.
- Significant work experience involving technical consulting, systems development, systems deployment and a proven record of executing complex solutions that required multiple collaboration and participation from peers and internal support teams.
- Experience using coding skills to automate and deliver solutions.
- 8+ years of experience with Active Directory.
- 5+ year experience working with MS solutions in complex infrastructure landscape (various DMZ security configurations, Load Balance Appliances, Virtual Environments, Time Appliances, etc.).
- 5+ years of coding experience with Active Directory
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring AD Enterprise solutions.
- Server installations and upgrades from Windows platforms.
- AD infrastructure services server roles. These should include but are not limited to: ADFS, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Active Directory Disaster Recovery, Trusts, ADAM, AD Sites, AD Subnets, Kerberos, Time Synchronization and Schema updates.
- Ensuring system availability, resilience, and accessibility.
- DFS services.
- Advance performance monitoring related to AD and SCOM.
- Windows Clustering
Protective Life Corporation - 17 months ago