Storage Sales Engineer II - Florida
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer II to join our team in Florida.
The Intelligent Data Management (IDM) Storage Sales Engineer is a quota carrying salesperson focused on technical presales support of Dell’s Intelligent Data Management solution portfolio. This person will work with work closely in the field with an IDM sales Specialist to help qualify new opportunities. The IDM Sales Engineer will qualify and drive the technical discussions with a customer to close in a defined territory. The IDM Sales Engineer will make customer sales calls with an IDM sales specialist to translate customer technical requirements to a Dell solution that can be delivered. The IDM sales engineer carries the IDM quota for their territory along with their Sales Specialist.
This role is an integral part of the Dell sales team. The IDM Sales Engineer is responsible for the technical close of an opportunity throughout the sales cycle and will engage other subject matter experts or services as needed.
- Must possess a competitive knowledge of the storage industry and will be able to articulate how the Dell solutions differ from the leading storage competitors.
- Engage on technical level discussions around solving data management challenges across a customer’s environment. Through this discussion build a tiered storage strategy including but not limited to archiving, backup/restore, compliance, disaster recovery, enterprise content management, and data de-duplication.
- Must be able to conduct technical white board sessions to evaluate and make recommendations to translate a customer’s technical requirements to a solution including mapping from “as is” to “to be” state resulting in a billable Proof of Concept (POC).
- Must have 5-7 years outside technical presales experience AND 2-3 years of experience focused on Data Management / Data Tiering as well as networked storage solutions and/or complex enterprise solutions.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively, independently and closely with their Sales Specialist.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required including overcoming customer objections.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred including any relevant industry certifications including but not limited to (MCSE, PMI, EMC, Symantec, Commvault, etc.).
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...