Dell Wyse Sales Engineer - Denver, Colorado
This position is based in the Denver Colorado area - and involves travel in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones serving our Dell Wyse Federal Accounts.
About Dell Inc:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
The End User Computing Services Domain is the vehicle through which Dell enables its sales teams to successfully identify and sell Cloud Computing, Desktop Virtualization and Enterprise Mobility Solutions. By Identifying best-of-breed capabilities, offers, tools, and technologies we heighten Dell's credibility in the marketplace, installing confidence in our ability to design, implement and maintain End User Computing Solutions. All of this is orchestrated through a comprehensive go-to-market plan which Sales, Marketing, Services and Product LOB's are aligned for maximum success. The result is customer-focused solution portfolio, consisting of simplified and consistent offers that leverage Dell IP and globally integrated capabilities, driving robust financial performance and increasing Dell's End User Computing and Mobility services market.
About Dell Wyse:
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
About the Sales Engineer II:
The Sales Engineer II provides pre-sales technical support to field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
Responsibilities include a combination of pre-sales consultation services, performing technical product demonstrations, project managing, proof of concept engagements, and thin computing initiatives within a geographic territory in coordination with the Americas Sales Organization. Qualified candidates will work with enterprise customers to shorten the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within specified accounts. The Sales Engineer must demonstrate solid communication skills, technical expertise, sales ability, and working both independently and within a team. They must also be able to communicate complicated technical material in a stressful yet results oriented environment.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
- Leveraging relationships within organizations to solve technical hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions.
- Working with Value Added Reseller (VAR) ecosystem.
- Working with the Sales Engineers and/or Sales Representatives on specified enterprise accounts.
- Installing, configuring and testing our solution at customer's facilities during sales and/or proof of concept initiatives.
- Interfacing with various customers at both a business and a technical level, and propose viable solutions in real time during customer meetings.
- Assisting with the development of Dell Wyse Product suite. This may include conducting joint account calls, updating other technical staff on new features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Successful candidates will possess:
Why work for Dell?
- 4+ years of IT experience in a Vendor, Professional Services, IT Consulting, Systems Integration, or end-user environment.
- 2+ years, technical pre-sales experience, or technical business related experience.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with building servers and setting up networks. |
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management.
- Excellent listening skills resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction. Must be able to listen for opportunities as well as potential technical hurdles.
- Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus).
- VMware View experience (VCP a plus).
- Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008 and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus).
- Cisco Networking Experience (CCNA a plus).
- SUSE or Red Hat Linux experience (RHCVA and SUSE Linux Certification a plus).
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
Life At Dell
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
- Formal and informal training
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...