Safety Specialist - Liverpool, NY 13088
** Must be LOCAL to the area OR be willing to travel to Onondaga Lake, NY at your own expense.**
System One has immediate openings for Construction Safety Specialists to support the Onondaga Lake Remediation Project. As the Safety Specialist, you will be providing Health & Safety oversight to the project.
Important information to know about this project:
1. Day and Night shift Safety personnel needed
2. HAZWOPER Trained and Certification REQUIRED!!
3. MEDICALLY capable of wearing a RESPIRATOR – REQUIRED
4. Must be LOCAL to the area or be willing to travel to Onondaga Lake at your own expense.
5. Per diem and mobilization expenses ARE NOT being offered
6. Position will require shift work, weekends and extended work hours.
The successful Safety Specialist will have the following education/experience:
- Will be 24/6 with 7th day as Maintenance day.
- Only need day shift workers now. In June we'll begin recruiting for 2nd shift workers.
- Work is seasonal: May/June - Dec. 2012 - OFF Jan. - March
- 2013-2016 schedule: Work from April - Dec. OFF Jan. - March
- 4-year degree in Construction or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years of related work experience in the field of Health and Safety.
- Water/dredge work, behavior-based safety, 1st Aid/CPR/AED, HAZWOPER 40-Hour, OSHA 10-Hour
- Requires a working knowledge of Federal and state safety, health and environmental regulations and reporting procedures, as well as good communication and interpersonal skills.
- CHST/OHST preferred but not required.
Under the general direction of the Safety Manager (or Senior Safety Specialist on larger job sites), ensures that the safety plan reflects corporate policy and complies with the prevailing safety requirements for the region. On projects where there is no Senior Safety Specialist, may assist senior construction site representative in the establishment and implementation of a job safety program.
- Administers job safety program; audits and inspects job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Monitors the safety performance of all construction operations in assigned job site areas with respect to one or more elements of SHARP Management and the Client’s Construction Safety & Health Manual.
- Performs accidents record analysis, and issues reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
- If certified in first aide and on small projects, may function as the first aid attendant, and/or may supervise first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
- Conducts new hire safety orientation, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
- Position will require shift work, weekends and extended work hours.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Monster - 12 months ago
Exceptional talent. Specialized workforce solutions.
System One is the leader in specialized outsourcing and careers. For 30 years, we ha...