Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques, to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
1. Selection of proper techniques/equipment on an individual patient basis. Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of ultrasound equipment.
2. Records test results and updates patient records for referring physician.
3. Schedules and coordinates tests and prepares and maintains operational logs.
4. Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
5. Prepares, supplies and equips ultrasound rooms to meet specific radiologist and physician requirements for special procedures.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of 2-4 year accredited ultrasound program required;
Bachelor's degree in ultrasound technology preferred.
' One year of diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility preferred.
' Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a 'rolling triennium' basis, must obtain registration within 1 year of hire.
' BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
' Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
' Basic computer and keyboarding skills required.
' Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please see above.
PeaceHealth - 15 months ago