The role of the Medical Assistant is to provide exceptional patient care both clinically and by creating a customer/patient service experience that is phenomenal for each and every patient visit.The Medical Assistant (MA) works as a partner in the clinic together with the physician(s), other clinical staff, front desk staff and manager to provide a welcoming, caring and healing environment for patients. Where this position deal directly with patients and family members, the MA is responsible to ensure that patient's needs are listened to , understood and resolved.
The MA would also be reviewing quarterly diabetic lists and arrange for follow-up for patients that have not been seen in 3-6 months, depending on control, by calling patients.
Arrange labs for those appointments.
Review/teach asthma action plan as ordered by physician.
Review quarterly asthma reports-identify those due for asthma follow up or spirometry.
Start the "pre-visit" work on all patients coming into see a PCP (schedule scrubbing)
Assist in working the daily hospital discharge list.
Works well with children.
Entry Rate: $12.78
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8-5
Department: Sandy Clinic, Pediatrics
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid affiliation agreement.
- Position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Certification. An original card must be verified prior to star date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements, please visit our Job Requirements page
- Three or more years of Medical Assistant work experience in Pediatrics.
- Caring, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing and Walking
- Three or more years experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- One or more years work experience with Intermountain Healthcare's Help2 and Centricity Business (IDX) software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Previous Medical Assistant experience with PPC (Personalize Primary Care) / Medical Home
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...