As part of the sales team, the Markdown Associate will assist in the execution of merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards within a specific department. This individual will be responsible for ensuring markdowns are processed according to company policies and in a timely fashion, ensuring merchandise is properly priced, run markdown reports, provide outstanding customer service to our customers, drive the sales and profitability of the department, and safeguard company assets.
Focus of Position:
Positively demonstrate the company's Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
Skills and Competencies:
- Drive sales results through greeting and assisting customers on the sales floor and maintaining solid product knowledge
- Ensure merchandise pricing is complete and accurate
- Read, comprehend and generate all markdown reports for the store
- Assist in conducting audits of assigned areas, mark out of stocks and locate merchandise that is not priced or damaged and report to upper management as needed
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any member of the management team
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Ability to read, count, and write
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.