ZeniMax Online Studio is expanding our systems administration team by adding an additional Senior System Administrator to help manage our environments. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work off hours as needed and rotating on-call duties. The candidate must be a team player capable of working directly with architects, developers and business partners. As a member of our Systems Administration Team, this person will be an integral member in building our virtual environment and the eventual deploying our new data centers. The position requires a wide range of skills that encompass every area of Information Technology however the primary duties will be heavily geared towards Linux System Administration, Virtualization, and SAN Administration. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create their own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively and be able to work in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for providing second and third level system administration support for enterprise wide Intel based computer systems, SANs, networks, databases, and security systems in a 24 x 7 operations environment.
- Architect solution based on development and business requirements.
- Performs system administration functions including new system configuration, software installations, and code deployments.
- Pro-active system monitoring and maintenance.
- Provides daily reports and status updates on incidents and projects.
- Handles backup and recovery as well as disaster recovery procedures.
- Other duties that are within education and experience or the incumbent may be assigned for the betterment of the company.
- Train staff on new processes, technologies and new systems as they are implemented.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7-10 years working in large production environments.
- 5-7 years of experience with server virtualization (e.g. KVM, VMware, Cloud stack)
- 7-10 years of real world experience with large scale, rapid deployment environments using Chef, Kickstart, Puppet.
- 7-10 years of real world experience in Red Hat or CentOS Linux administration or any other comparable version of UNIX in a service provider environment.
- 7-10 years of real world experience administering storage arrays.
- 7-10 years of real world experience managing LAMP or similar server farms.
- 10-15 years of real world experience administering Unix DNS, LDAP and Email services.
- 10-15 years of real world experience of system administration level shell scripting and process automation.
- Experience with racking and assembling HP and Dell server hardware.
- Ability to work day, evening or overnight shifts during week and weekends.
- Must be available on-call during off hours.
- Must be able to work in time sensitive production environments.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment between 50-100 pounds.
- Must have dependable transportation to travel to our data centers.
- Project management skills to carry out tasks assigned.
- Proven hands-on network troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Incident management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- A sense of urgency and responsibility for following through.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- 7-10 years of experience using tools such as Nagios, Cacti, OpenNMS and MRTG.
- 7-10 years of experience supporting high trafficked Web Sites and maintaining those sites with SLAs of 99.99% up time or greater.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge supporting Red Hat Linux/ Cent OS environments
- Strong knowledge supporting MS Windows/Active Directory environments
- Strong knowledge and supporting VMware ESX environments
- Experience with DNS, DHCP and BIND.
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers. Well versed in Apache web server.
- Strong knowledge of iSCSI, Fibre Channel, SAN, NAS, RAID and I/O Storage Sub-Systems
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and protocols
- Solid understanding of network management and event logging tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability Time management and organizational skills Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize information
- Ability to create, read, analyze and interpret technical diagrams and written procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of experience programming and troubleshooting PHP code.
- 5-7 years real world experience administering network firewall, routing, switching and load balancing technologies using Cisco, Foundry and Juniper equipment.
- 5-7 years real world experience administering Microsoft servers and Active Directory
- 5-7 years real world experience with MYSQL database administration, database clustering and replication.
- Red Hat Certified preferred
- VMware Certified preferred
- EMC SAN Certifications preferred
- Relevant BS degree from an accredited four-year College or University and minimum 10-15 years of experience in Linux and network systems support.
NOTE* This position can be located in Austin, TX or Hunt Valley, MD
ZeniMax Media Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
We are committed to the idea that if you want to make a great MMOG, you have to "go big or go home". It's a tough, competitive...