As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The selected candidate will be a member of a System Administration/ Environments (SAE) O&M Team. Supported systems provide the Customer Community with an unprecedented capability to process massive amounts of data at unmatched speeds, to extract meaningful information efficiently from the massive data holdings, store and monitor the massive data sets, and discover relationships between new data and existing knowledge on terrorists. The selected candidate will provide critical system administration support to operate and maintain the current system and related subsystems. The selected candidate will be expected to work within the team management processes and to show initiative to complete work. While the majority of the system administration work is done remotely, a large portion is hands-on at the physical hardware. Customer is looking for a system administrator with current Linux and/or Windows OS journeymen or higher experience.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
1. Provide system administration support to include: implementation of ESI Linux and Windows baseline changes, and respond to change requests (CR) and discrepancy reports (DR); perform technical evaluations, analysis, and trouble shooting for all ESI Linux and/or Windows servers; build ESI Linux and/or Windows servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, test plans, and security lockdowns for security hardening; and physical hardware support/builds. Have current Linux and Windows experience.
2. Have current work experience and/or certifications in the latest Linux, Windows or related technologies.
3. Provide expertise in multiple technologies, or the ability to gain, such as database appliances, storage technologies, hardware support, including knowledge of additional operating systems and/or scripting syntax.
4. Have strong time management (i.e., prioritize, organize and accomplish work) and problem solving (i.e., analyzing information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems) skills.
5. Have the ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
1. Complete a B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related subject.
2. Have the ability to maintain and update documentation on the OS/application software hosting, hardware configuration, and build and standard operating procedures that are feasible, clear and concise.
3. Have a familiarity with program management and system engineering concepts.
4. Have the ability to work and communicate, including active listening, within a Team environment.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 17 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...