Patient Care Coordinator
Director, Home Care & Hospice
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately as well as the supervision of clinical personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. In conjunction with the Patient Care Liaison, the Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of the Home Care & Hospice agency, by providing supervision and direction to clinical and non-clinical staff.
2. Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home care needs. Assigns appropriate clinicians to case.
3. Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, conferences, record review, discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services, and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
4. Reviews patient’s clinical diagnosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
5. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
6. Attends case conference meetings with organization personnel to facilitate coordination of care.
7. Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Clinical Director and appropriate organization personnel.
8. Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new organization personnel and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new organization personnel.
9. Assists Clinical Director in the planning, implementation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
10. Assists in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures, as well as strategic goals and objectives.
11. Functions as a member of the Homecare Leadership team serving on subcommittees and task forces as leaders and members. This person fills in for other leadership positions in their absence as needed.
12. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
13. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the Organization's role as an effective member of the health care delivery system.
14. Promotes customer service orientation to all organization personnel.
15. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Clinical Director.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Health Connect at Home expects all our employees to live the values of
Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
at work by:
- Honoring and caring for the dignity of all persons in mind, body, and spirit
- Working together as a team to achieve our goals
- Improving continuously by listening, and asking for and responding to feedback
- Seeking new and better ways to meet the needs of those we serve
- Using our resources wisely
- Understanding how each of our roles contributes to the success of Health Connect at Home and CHI
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN degree is preferred.
Two years management or supervisory experience in health care setting, preferably home care.
Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State.
Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
Current Driver’s License required (MN, ND, or SD)
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, & Geriatric
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers/CB
Nursing - RN
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...