Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Systems Design & Engineering
The Engineering Business Unit provides a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. In addition, our staff provides Hull, Mechanical and Electrical, as well as Weapons Systems design and installation support services, primarily for US Navy vessels. We are geographically dispersed with operations at numerous US Naval ports.
Responsible for the performance of relatively small projects or a definable portion of a larger program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals. A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of ten to twelve years of related experience in a related technical environment are required.
The position is focused on NERMS Geospatial/GIS management with oversight related to 911 and emergency management. The position will interface with Navy and SPAWAR Emergency Management SME’s and staff.
The position involves GIS Enterprise integration while maintaining appropriate and current industry technical standards and Navy requirements. The position encompasses many areas of GIS and will require writing and comprehension of technical concepts, an understanding of Emergency Management regarding 911 and computer aided dispatch, and the ability to instruct GIS professionals and computer aided dispatch staff on GIS related policies, procedures and applications.
The position will include aspects of Emergency Management/NERMS GIS Operations:
o The portion of the project will involve NAVFAC Georeadiness Center-GRC, local government 911 centers, all Navy RDC’s.
- NERMS GIS Oversight
- Developing GIS and non-GIS data standards, technical documentation and SOPs for obtaining, building and maintaining the Navy’s “Emergency Management/NERMS” Geospatial Enterprise database. This includes all Enterprise Data Centers, Regional Dispatch Centers and Mobile Data computers.
- Geospatial data compilation, creation, and processing to include system and database management, web and map service design, along with development and delivery including GIS cloud computing.
- Users Needs Assessment and analysis for application, data and system requirements.
- User training to sustain CAD/GIS operations as part of NERMS and 911.
- Oversight of the Navy project to develop 911 street ranges and 911 buildings addresses CONUS.
o ESRI GIS, CAD software (Northrop Grumman Command Point CAD), Maplogic Mapbook Generator, Oracle, SQL, terraGo technologies, etc.
- Management of all GIS related software licenses and applications for NERMS.
o Help develop policies and practices to enable GIS data exchange and enhancement to better enable the Emergency Management, RDC and first responders.
- Participation in the CNIC N3-NAVFAC GRC GIS working group.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Delivering training support to existing and new users covering product capabilities, product changes, and system improvements.
o Data and information collection
- GIS program management
- Navy installation site surveys
o System testing, training and deployment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Spatial data processing and reporting, spatial database management, data conversion management.
- System validation testing, system deployment and operation
- Application software maintenance
- Generate documentation for RDC GIS Administration
A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of ten to twelve years of related experience in a related technical environment are required. ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
A minimum of 10+ years of experience working with and managing an Enterprise GIS as well as substantial experience working with ArcGIS suite of tools including ArcGIS Desktop (ArcInfo level), ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server, ArcEngine, and ArcSDE as well as Network Analyst and Tracking Analyst.
Minimum of 6 years working with relational database management systems such as Oracle or SQL Server.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate technical expertise, motivation and leadership abilities. The candidate should have strong analytical and technical skills including detailed understanding of database management processes. Individuals must be detail oriented, have the ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision, produce products under tight timeframes, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate initiative in innovation and troubleshooting while possessing the willingness to learn.
Education:Minimum level of education:
- Knowledge of vector and raster geospatial data, appropriate uses, and potential applications. Knowledge to make final decisions on the suitability, usability, and accuracy of geospatial data sets. Skills to justify the correctness of any modifications performed on existing or intermediate geospatial data.
- Knowledge of web/cloud protocol and languages such as HTML, XML, ArcXML, and GML.
- Excellent technical background with ESRI GIS software and the management of GIS data on a database server.
- Demonstrated skills in data management (both tabular and spatial).
- Experience with relational database administration including performance monitoring, data replication, statistics generation, table space management, and failure/recovery processes.
- Experience with common (geospatial) image formats (e.g., TIFF, GeoTIFF, MrSID).
- Experience in implementing FGDC and ISO metadata standards and formats.
- Experience and understanding of National Emergency Number Association-NENA recommendations regarding GIS, ANI/ALI and MSAG.
- Experience with Master Street Addressing Guidelines-MSAG including assigning street ranges and addressing locations.
- Experience with image processing and data processing operations and workflows especially within a geospatial domain.
- Experience with relational database management systems such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with modern client/server technologies, e.g., Apache, Tomcat.
B.S. from an accredited university in the Geography, Planning, cartography, computer science, engineering, or other closely related technical field. (Other education, commensurate experience, and demonstrated ability of individual may be applied or substituted.)
Must be a U.S. Citizen able to possess a SECRET and/or TOP-SECRET clearance.
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Advanced Career
Serco , Inc. - 11 months ago
Serco is an international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managi...