NMMA is looking for a team player that has experience as an Exhibitor Relationship Manager to work in their Minneapolis, MN office. The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) is the leading trade association in the U.S. and Canada for the manufacturers of recreational boats and marine products. NMMA is also the largest producer of boat shows in the world. The NMMA also oversees Discover Boating, a national consumer awareness program on behalf of the U.S. recreational boating industry. Check us out on Facebook!
Job Overview: Aggressively develop new business for booth sales for the Minneapolis Boat Show and Northwest Sportshow. Develop and maintain relationships with all current and prospective exhibiting companies. Provide a positive sales experience with each exhibiting company. Provide on-site operational set up and support for assigned shows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for renewals of existing exhibitors, prospecting for new exhibitors, maintaining and creating relationships and communications with customers.
- Prospect new business and formulate price quotations to increase size and revenue for each show.
- Create sales materials and customer service correspondence.
- Project and maintain sales budget.
- Maintain a list of prospects suited for each show.
- Send reminder notices regarding payment and other deadlines to exhibiting companies.
- Work with Show Managers to support goals, duties and functions of sales department.
- Perform on-site duties at other assigned shows throughout the year.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required, as well as negotiation skills.
- Must be customer focused, organized, outgoing, a team player, assertive, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Experience with MS Office required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years sales experience required, preferably in trade show, exhibitions or the recreational marine industry.
As a member of our crew, you will receive a competitive salary; full benefits including 401K (with excellent match,) Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life and AD&D.
- Overtime may be required
- Some travel required during Boat Show Season (January through March). Prospecting and company visits will be necessary.
Please submit your resume with salary history to Melissa Taylor at email@example.com, with ERM in the Subject line.