Solutions Architect Position
This is a customer facing role where the selected candidate will have the proven skills to provide technical consulting services onsite and remotely to our small and mid-sized business clients and business owners. In addition to in-depth experience architecting, deploying and managing multi-tiered web server environments, the ideal candidate will further have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Rackspace Cloud Hosting.
As a services professional, the selected candidate will be driven, outgoing, personally responsible and have excellent customer service skills. We are seeking a proven candidate who is creative as an outside of the box thinker with a passion for technology and satisfying demanding customers. A seasoned individual needing limited supervision, a person with good judgment who knows when to escalate issues as necessary. Working directly with senior technical internal and client I/T staff members, this Solutions Architect will be expected to use personal initiative and complete assigned tasks independently to our customer’s satisfaction.
Required Skills: (3-5 years)
• Comfortable in a client facing billable services role, supporting and collaborating with teams. Has strong customer facing interpersonal and communications skills, a services mindset. Confident presence with client - one who can establish and sustain credibility and trust.
• Can perform client requirements analysis; participate in design sessions, identify gaps or technical issues. Proven ability to collect and accurately document client business and technical requirements for incorporating into solution designs and project implementation plans.
• Understands both internal and client priorities, can work within a project scope, timeline, goals, and deliver key milestones on time.
• Understands client and company priorities, project scope, timeline, goals, and key milestones
• Hands on developer and/or Programmer experience with: PHP/Perl/Java/MySQL/SQL/ PostgreSQL/
• Hands on Sys Admin experience with Linux (CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Amazon Linux AMI
• Microsoft Windows Servers 2003, 2008 (Microsoft SQL is a plus)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Rackspace Cloud Hosting.
• Windows and/or MAC O/S expertise is a plus.
Benefits and Amenities:
• Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest IT professionals in the greater Boston area.
• An intense experience in a high-tech startup environment and an opportunity to show your knowledge and ability by bringing new ideas and concepts to the table.
• Opportunity for exponential career growth.
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Generous PTO
• Work with extremely fun and outgoing individuals who have a solid work ethic yet love to let loose and have fun.
• Occasional access to the House of Blues Foundation Room for social and work events.
• Access to concert tickets for promotional events at the House of Blues Boston, local sporting events, and other musical performances.
• Our office is located in Boston in the Fort Point Channel area on the Silver Line Courthouse stop and walking distance to South Station and Downtown Crossing T stations.
• An opportunity to make a difference by reducing energy consumption and e-waste in Boston.
Advantage Technical Resourcing - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard