Under the direct supervision of the Branch Field Service Manager, the Field Service Technician is responsible for properly maintaining a territory of Sharp equipment along with maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through proper communications and maintenance of equipment.
- Services and maintains a full territory of Sharp equipment commensurate with experience and training.
- Resolves at least 85% of service calls without assistance upon completion of training and territory assignment.
- Understands and properly performs all mechanical and electronic adjustments on equipment as outlined in the Technical Service Manual and Field Engineering Bulletins.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and complete all electrical troubleshooting as outlined in the Technical Service Manual and Field Engineering Bulletins to include our complete digital line of products.
- Resolves all normal customer relations' situations and communicates unusual customer situations to a higher level.
- Maintains parts inventory and achieves acceptable levels of inventory control and usages.
- Completes all required administrative functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Cooperates with fellow workers and management to achieve Branch service goals.
- Keeps Group Leader or Branch Field Service Manager informed of machines performing below standards and report all actions taken towards resolution.
- Performs other duties as prescribed by the Branch Field Service Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent mandatory.
- Technical vocational schooling desirable (electronics or electro-mechanical preferred), or experience in copier repair or repair and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Must possess or achieve Net+ certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Must possess strong communication skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must successfully complete Sharp equipment pre-testing and training.
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software products preferred.
- A valid drivers license.
- Must be able to travel locally on a daily basis to various customer sites.
Requires frequent kneeling and bending and considerable use of hands and tools. Walking great lengths at a time.
- Frequently requires moving or lifting of up to 50 pounds and able to lift 75 pounds on occasion.
- Exposure to live electrical circuits.
- Exposure to extreme environmental conditions. To include, but not limited to, extreme heat, extreme cold and working with flammable liquids and solids.
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Must have specific vision abilities required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Sharp Electronics Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sharp Electronics Corporation is the Mahwah, N.J.-based marketing and sales subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a worldwide developer...