The Product Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing – and then telling – a story to both internal and external audiences about the value of OnBase which will help drive awareness and demand. He or she creates the product marketing strategy and plan, coordinates a variety of marketing execution resources (e.g. content, offers), working with internal Subject Matter Experts and ensures that inside/direct/indirect sales resources have the knowledge and tools required to convert leads into opportunities and closed business.
The person in this position will be responsible for translating highly technical features and functionality into compelling business value. This role will be focused on "Integration" technologies. This individual should demonstrate understanding of computing architectures, software development and design. This person will be tasked with educating prospects and customers about the value of integrating the OnBase product in with other applications as well as the choices available for integrating with OnBase.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three to Five Years product marketing experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of ECM, IT infrastructure, and software deployment methods. Certifications such as MCP, MCSA, CCA, VCP etc. a plus.
- Strong writing/presentation building, verbal, written, digital, and graphic communication skills
- Project Management
- Ability to self-direct and self-motivate your efforts, both short and long term, to meet deadlines and maintain high quality content, without the need for close supervision
- Superior Web research and analysis skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex, new technologies and their application within enterprise software solutions
- An understanding of corporate finance and ROI practices
- Knowledge of the enterprise sales process, and the product collateral needs for effective value based solution marketing and selling
- Excellent people skills
- Relevant education and software experience with Enterprise Content Management (ECM), IT infrastructure and deployments
- Cloud Computing experience desirable
- Application Programming Interface (API) experience desirable
- Passion and enthusiasm for learning the OnBase product suite, existing OnBase knowledge a plus
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Product management experience strongly desirable
- Dual background in enterprise software technologies and technical solution marketing, training or communications
- Experience writing/creating business content, documents and presentations - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience with digital media creation tools - Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash authoring, HTML editing
- Build positioning and messaging content in a variety of formats for the assigned areas of the OnBase product
- Define overall market opportunity and refine specific audiences through targeting and segmentation
- Define buyer personas and build relevant content accordingly across a range of formats, such as white papers, brochures, social media, web pages, online events and more
- Partner with the demand generation, digital marketing, campaign management and the industry marketing teams to map content needs to demand creation requirements.
- Be subject matter expert on the assigned area of the OnBase product and develop and maintain the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other competitors
- Assist in the creation of sales enablement content for our direct and channel sales partners (e.g. playbooks, battle cards, scripts, presentations, training modules and demos)
- Be integral in the product launch planning by developing the strategy, and implementing by speaking at relevant conferences, analyst engagements and media sources
- Develop a range of customer testimonials for external/internal use, including written case studies
- Measure the success of content and materials produced. Use the analytics available to make recommendations and develop best practices to maximize the effectiveness of future materials
- Manage a portion of the Product Marketing budget, making recommendations for where to best optimize marketing spend to accomplish our goals.
- Conduct business in accordance with Hyland's core values and display the character traits described in the "Sweet Sixteen"
- Faithfully and diligently work to satisfy your internal and external customers beyond expectations
- Enthusiastically perform all activities that are requested of you by management
- AIIM ECMP
- OnBase Proficiency Exams
- Certified in Sirius Decisions Product Marketing and Management Model
- Others will be considered/required for position evolution and advancement
Hyland Software - 20 months ago
Hyland Software provides enterprise content management (ECM) software designed to help organizations streamline their processes and share...