Starcom is the full-service global media planning division of SMG, specializing in creating Connections that Captivate by integrating media management, response media, internet and digital communications, as well as multicultural, entertainment, sports sponsorship and event marketing. For more information on Starcom, visit www.starcomworldwide.com .
This position is responsible for executing Spot TV, Cable and Radio buys in a timely manner taking care to effectively deliver the necessary goals passed down from the client and planning teams. This function demands individuals who can manage multiple projects, exercise sound business judgment and positively represent the agency to outside vendors and stations.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years of buying or related experience
- Demonstrate solid technical and negotiating skills as they relate to the spot buying process
- Develop/maintain positive relationships with outside suppliers and stations
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects and deliver projects on time
- Possess ability to train others in stewardship functions as well as buying process
- Maintain a service-oriented mindset
- Keep current in field of expertise and new technologies
- Take a proactive role toward assignments and openly communicate problems with a suggested solution
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player. Exhibit commitment to job function, ownership/accountability of tasks, and an open mind to new projects/duties.
- Understand and practice GM Planworks Business Ethics as they apply to relationships with outside suppliers and conflicts of interest
- Accountable to Broadcast Managers for their respective assignments, projects and requests
- Properly manage winners and losers in a negotiation
- Flawless market execution from projection, negotiation, stewardship, reporting and posting
- Provide added value including solicitation from vendors, analysis of value and proper documentation to Management Team.
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions to Management and Client when necessary
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and proficiency in all computer software that applies to job function
- Oversee discrepancy resolutions and insure timely payment
- Provide supervisors with market conditions/changes. Offer solutions to market problems as early as possible in negotiation process.
- Steward buys, paying careful attention to overnights, weeklies, LPMs, and current NSI books
- Effectively and proactively manage posting process. Carefully analyze schedule to determine poor rotations, missed spots, outside viewership, station contests etc.
- Accurately prepare necessary paperwork: cost requests, competitive reports, merchandising, posts
- Write marketplace POVs
- Stay ahead of the curve on new technologies
Starcom MediaVest Group - 3 years ago
This business helps advertisers reach out to the consumer universe. Starcom MediaVest Group is a leading media planning and buying agency...