- Models, reinforces, re-directs and sets limits to behavior through specific behavior management techniques to ensure that program guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensures that residents maintain appropriate hygiene and appearance.
- Assist residents with daily routines and responsibilities, inducing completion of chores, schoolwork, meal preparation, clean up, activities, hygiene laundry and recreational activities.
- Monitor residents to ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment free from disruptive and inappropriate behavior.
- Demonstrate an ability to handle potentially volatile situations and verbally or physically subdue disruptive residents in a safe consistent manner that provides therapeutic benefit to the resident.
- Documentation must be completed and maintained at all items in accordance with contractual standards, policy and procedure, including heavier activities logs, incident reports, treatment plans, etc.
- Provides new residents with basic information and facilitates the adjustment to living circumstances. Explains program rules and expectations of new residents.
- Crises must be handled in a manner which minimizes disruption and assures safety; interventions must be proactive and placement disruptions should be kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory training on a timely basis.
- Job must be conducted at all times tin a way that respects the rights privacy and dignity of the client and adheres to all contractual regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply: Send letter of interest or resume to email@example.com
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred. Two years college in Human services with related experience.
- Ability to work within the Mission of the organization, “In Response to Christ’s love, Lutheran Social Services of New England serves and cares for people in need.”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to provide documentation such as valid driver’s license, evidence of automobile insurance and a clear criminal record check.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and to problem solve unexpected/unpredictable circumstances calmly.
- Ability to sue independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to effectively manage client behavior
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of federal, sate and local regulations, protocols and/or procedures
- Ability to handle people and situations with compassion, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to sit, stand, climb; ability to lift 50lbs., requires physical mobility and may require ability to restrain a client
- Ability to be certified in first aid, CPR and medication administration within the first three months of employment
- Ability to pass S.O.L.V.E training.
Ascentria Care Alliance - 23 months ago
We are called to strengthen communities by empowering people to respond to life's challenges.