Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) provides business-critical services to Bayer's North American Subgroups: Bayer CropScience, Bayer HealthCare and Bayer MaterialScience. BBTS is a combination of Bayer Business Services, Bayer Technology Services and other service activities for Bayer in North America. BBTS has a singular vision: to Foster the Success of the Bayer Group. BBTS employees accomplish this by using their experience and expertise to tailor solutions and services to the needs and requirements of their customers in the following areas: Business Planning and Administration, Bayer Technology Services (Engineering Services and Site Services), Business Consulting, Finance and Accounting Services, Human Resources Services and Support, Information Technology Services, Integrated Employee Services, and Procurement Services. Platform Services Operating Systems We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. • Consciously determine issues and create solutions for complex problems;
- Regarded as a technical and business resource for other members of the organization;
- Troubleshooting server issues related to TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, LDAP, NFS, Internal and External disk issues, and DNS (bind);
- Displays flexibility in the face of changing priorities;
- Performance monitoring; • Bachelors† degree in MIS or related technical field;
- 6+ Years of Unix administration experience;
- The position has a primary emphasis on Linux, specifically RedHat and Ubuntu Linux, Additional skills in HP-UX and IBM AIX strongly desired;
- Must have experience using standard Unix commands, including the following: vmstat, top, uname, ps, vi, rpm, sudo, ping, traceroute, tar, gzip, at, sed, awk, chown, chmod, crontab, yum, up2date, fdisk, etc;
- Experience with building RPM packages using SCCS (cvs, svn, git, etc.), and deploying servers using Red Hat Linux Satellite Server;
- Knowledge and experience with managed storage (NAS / SAN, backups);
- Experience maintaining Redhat Linux servers and UNIX (AIX P-Series and HMCs, HP-UX). Requirements: operating system support including security, configuration, software updates, system diagnosis, debugging, tuning, advanced troubleshooting, creating, modifying and deleting users and groups, creating and expanding file systems using LVM and fdisk, system backup and recovery, etc;
- Unix based certifications highly desired. Examples include: RHCT, RHCE, HP-UX CSA, HP-UX CSE, IBM eServer Certified Specialist - pSeries AIX System Administration, etc;
- Knowledge of and experience in administering Unix in an enterprise class data center environment (more than 250 servers);
- Strong Unix shell scripting required. Perl scripting desired;
- Additional skills in HP-UX, IBM AIX and SUSE Linux strongly desired;
- Must have experience doing day-to-day administration, using standard Unix commands;
- Experience with building RPM and Deb packages and deploying server using Red Hat Linux Satellite Server and Ubuntu distribution;
Bayerjobs.com - 16 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...