The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Sales Coordinator will support the ad sales team in The Wall Street Journal, primarily in print but will also be cross trained in online. Working with a fast paced multimedia sales team, Sales Coordinators learn the core of the publishing advertising business. This position supports the assigned Sales Associate/Account Executive teams to process incoming Insertion Orders (IOs), back-end account maintenance, and continuously monitor live campaigns to gauge delivery success.
- Support the sales team with sale of US print campaigns securing space availabilities and reservations; enter IO to reserve inventory for all incoming accounts
- Prepare reports used by management and sales teams for forecasting, analysis, and budgeting
- Assist with research for proposals and special projects as needed
- Ensure that the sales team has the required sales materials and support information for sales calls and RFP responses
- Act as a liaison between advertisers and agencies to verify insertion dates, rates, and secure ad materials
- After close of sale, passes along critical information including signed contracts to the post-sales support team
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
- Attention to detail and strong written and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- College degree required
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across...