"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Responsible for strategic development of BCBSKC corporate training and development needs. Based upon the developed strategies, develops and delivers training opportunities for all employees.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
- Identifies and assesses employee training and development needs through interviews, surveys and management reports. Analyzes current skill levels required in association with management teams, identifies training strategies, and develops plans to meet established organizational goals.
- Evaluates training programs. Continually evaluates training curricula and materials to meet changing needs. In response to directives contained in the HR Business Plan, researches both outside training solutions and custom designed training plans, when necessary.
- Serves as training and development resource for employees. Counsels and coaches individual employees on career development plans to further skills and abilities related to their current position and/or to prepare them for other positions within the company.
- Instructs, trains and/or facilitates group training sessions. Designs and prepares instructional materials to accomplish training objectives in line with corporate goals and needs. Evaluates effectiveness of course offerings.
- In conjunction with the Training Specialist, designs, coordinates and publishes quarterly training calendars and promotional materials.
- Participates in cross-functional Human Resources project teams formed to address departmental and corporate program initiatives.
To be determined
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability compute rates, ratios, percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Other (please specify)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Years of Experience:
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of effective adult learning methodologies.
- Working level knowledge of and experience working with automated human resources and/or learning management systems.
- Intermediate keyboard skills.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word; beginning level knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, communication, or other relevant academic discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience with the design and delivery of employee training and development programs, including a minimum of 3 years experience with survey and employee needs assessment methodologies; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Professional training certifications such as Achieve Global and Strong Campbell are preferred.
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Position requires frequent extended periods of standing, with occasional walking, reaching, climbing, balancing, stooping or kneeling. May be required to lift up to 10 pounds on an frequent basis. Will also be required to use fingers, hands, arms for keyboarding. Hearing and speaking are required. Both close and distant vision is necessary.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is normally performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions. A significant amount of time is spent making formal/classroom presentations in training/development events.
BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City - 13 months ago